Blur ($BLUR) refers to itself as the “Fastest NFT Marketplace”. Recently they completed the first season of 3 airdrops- known as “Care Packages”. Meanwhile, Blur has announced they will distribute over 300 million $BLUR in Season 2, and all listing and loyalty points will be doubled until 1 May 2023. This article is a guide to Blur’s Season 2 airdrop, expected to happen in May 2023.
However, the difficulty for Season 2 is expected to increase due to more competition. So in this article, we give strategic ways to increase listing points with the lowest investment possible.
Learn more about this revolutionary NFT marketplace: What is Blur NFT Marketplace?
Update 5th May 2023: Which NFT collections offer 2x points after 1st May 2023? PLUS how to maximize Lending Points with Blur’s new product- Blend. Sign up for the NEW Boxmining Newsletter to get alerted about upcoming airdrops.
Blur Airdrop Step-by-step Guide
Blur has announced its season 2 airdrop. Here’s how to maximize your Blur season 2 airdrop:
- Bid on NFT collections that offer 2x points.
- To maximize your Blur Listing Points, list all your NFTs at slightly above the floor price. And use all their listing tools.
- To maximize our Blur Bid Points, make “high risk”and long duration bids. Reuse the ETH in your Bid Pool across different collections, and get onto Blur’s 24 hour leaderboard for an extra boost!
- To maximize your Blur Loyalty Points, only list your NFTs on Blur and click “max your loyalty” to make sure your NFTs are not listed elsewhere.
- Maximise your Blur Lending Points on Blend.
See below for more details
What is Blur?
Blur ($BLUR) is a decentralized NFT marketplace. They adopt an original strategy where users who support creator royalties will be rewarded with more tokens. The Blur team is anonymous, although they claim to have experience from Square, MIT, Brex, Five Rings, and Y Combinator. Blur aims to stand out as an NFT Marketplace with these unique features:
- Sweep across multiple marketplaces;
- fast access to NFT reveals. Blur lets users snipe NFTs before it even hits the major NFT market analytics sites and aggregators, and
- improved user experience (UX) and interface.
So far, Blur has raised over 11 million in its Seed Round led by Paradigm.
$BLUR’s max supply is capped at 3 billion tokens (Source: TokenUnlocks). 51% of it goes to the community treasury, 29% to core contributors, 19% to investors, and 1% to advisors. Currently, only 360 million $BLUR are unlocked and in circulation, meaning 88% of tokens are locked.
There will be a linear unlock of 1.2 million $BLUR per day distributed to the community treasury. And the next cliff unlocks will be on 15th June 2023, unlocking 196 million $BLUR to all holders.
Does Blur have an airdrop?
There will be a Blur airdrop Season 2. Season 1 had 3 rounds of airdrops. Blur’s Airdrop 3, the largest and final airdrop of Season 1 distributed 1-2x more $BLUR to participants compared to Airdrop 2 and ended on 14th February 2023. Blur has confirmed that over 300m tokens will be distributed in Season 2.
How to claim Blur Season 1 airdrop?
Here’s how to claim your Blur season 1 airdrop:
- Go to their website and connect your wallet.
- Click on the “Airdrop” tab to see how many Care Packages you have earned.
- Claim your Care Package by clicking “Reveal Care Packages”.
- Then, to claim your $BLUR, click “Continue to BLUR”, “Open care packages for $BLUR”, “Next” and then “Open for $BLUR”.
- You will then be asked to Tweet to claim $BLUR, do this and then click “Verify Tweet”.
- Connect your wallet (e.g. MetaMask) to claim $BLUR and certify that you are not a US person. You may be required to manually add the $BLUR token contract to your MetaMask in order to see your $BLUR holdings.
- Confirm the transaction on your wallet.
Blur Season 2 airdrop predictions
Blur was supposed to launch in April 2023, but this has been delayed, likely until May 2023. So, Blur announced that all bidding and listing points for Season 2 will continue to be doubled until 1st May 2023. Predictions suggest that points will be 2-10x more difficult to earn, but with more total points to be earned if season 2 airdrops last longer. We do not yet know the season 2 airdrop rewards or when it will end. Also, because of more people trying to get airdrops, there will likely be fewer $BLUR rewards in season 2.
Higher competition for airdrops also means more competitive bidding on the platform. Floor prices are higher and bidding spreads are narrower. And as a result, it will be harder to bid and flip NFTs for profit.
The Blur team is also on the lookout for people who try to “game” the system through spoofing bids. These users “spoof” bids by withdrawing their bids when someone tries to accept them. This is done by monitoring the mempool and removing any ETH from the pool or incrementing their nounce to cancel any bids at the last second. The Team has said on Twitter that any wallet that has been found to be spoofing bids will be filtered out for Season 2, so they will not be eligible for airdrops. In turn, this will make getting points harder.
Nevertheless, according to Luke Cannon, the best (and safest) strategy for Blur season, 2 airdrops is to adopt $0 airdrop anchoring. That is, to assume the airdrop will be worthless and only make profitable bids.
Blur Season 2 airdrop strategy guide
Blur revealed there will be a Season 2 airdrop. This means you must start listing and bidding NFTs on Blur to get a head start on the Season 2 rewards. Remember to bid on top collections closer to the floor price to boost your points. Blur have also confirmed that the secret to maximising rewards in Season 2 will be Loyalty.
difficulty with Season 2 is that it requires users to actively list NFTs on the platform at a lower floor price than on other platforms– Michael Gu
How to maximize your $BLUR token airdrop?
Blur has 3 types of points that count towards how many airdropped Care Packages you will receive and their rarity. These are Bid Points, Listing Points and Loyalty. Meanwhile, there are 3 rarities of Care Packages: Uncommon, Rare, Legendary, and Mythical. The rarer the Care Package, the more $BLUR tokens they contain. For example, Mythical Care Packages are worth 100x Uncommon Care Packages.
Bid on NFT collections that offer 2x Points
Previously, all bidding and listing points were doubled until 1st May 2023. After 1st May 2023, only these NFT collections will have double bidding and listing/lending points: Wrapped Cryptopunks, Azuki, Milady, DeGods, Beanz, BoredApeKennelClub, BoredApeYachtClub, CloneX, Doodles, Meebits, Moonbirds, MutantApeYachtClub, Otherdeed, PudgyPenguins. Meanwhile, Doodles, Meebits and Moonbirds offer 2x bidding and listing points. This list may change from time to time, so click on the “Points” tab here to see the latest list.
Maximize your Blur Listing Points
Season 1 already required us to list NFTs, and the formula for Season 2 should be similar. The simplified formula looks like this:
Listing points = A x B x C
A: volume of the collection B: floor price of the collection C: how close is your listing to floor price or below “top trait”
Many people have already mass listed their NFTs. Because of that your “top trait” will probably be close to the floor even for mid-rares. This means that if you want to maximize your listing points, the easiest (and most dangerous) way is to list NFTs below the floor price. This is highly risky as it might mean selling NFTs at a loss – so the objective is really to maximize the number of listing points with as low exposure to risk as possible. Here are some ways to maximize your Blur listing points:
- Listing all your NFTs, and more active collections (especially blue chips).
- If you don’t plan to sell your NFTs list them for a short time slightly above the floor price but at a price that is unlikely to sell. Delist them, then list again at a new floor price.
- Use Blur’s listing tools e.g. listing by floor price, trait floor price, and ladder list
- Avoid “gaming” the system, e.g. by relisting NFTs at unrealistic prices, listing dead collections, and sybil attacking
- Listing Otherdeed for Othersides: Otherdeed for Otherside is an NFT collection with MANY different resources in different Tiers divided into N/E/S/W. Despite the many listings, you can find big discrepancies between the floor and “top trait” here (even for floor items). That will pretty easily let you farm points without risking selling your assets.
- Listing items locked on OpenSea: Whether an item was locked or not had no impact in season 1. This is likely to still be the case in season 2. You can farm much more points using them because you can list them far below “top trait” or even the normal floor.
Maximize your Blur Bid Points
- Within a collection, the highest “risk” bids will earn the majority of points. For example, if the floor price of an NFT is 1.01, and there are 100 bids at 1 whilst your bid is at 0.99, you would not earn as many points. This is because there are 100 bids in front of you at a higher price. Whereas if you bid at 1.01, you are bidding more than others and taking the most “risk”. This in turn means you can earn more points to potentially get more $BLUR;
- The longer your bid is active, the more points you will receive. You stop earning points when your bid is accepted. Meanwhile bids can be cancelled for free;
- Users can reuse the ETH in their Bid Pool across different NFT collections. So, the strategy to get maximum points is to bid closest to the floor price across multiple active collections; and
- The top 100 bidders within a 24-hour time period on Blur’s 24-hour leaderboard can receive up to 2.5x boosts.
Maximise your Blur Loyalty Points
Blur has a Loyalty system that affects your luck when revealing your Care Packages. Blur has confirmed that Loyalty is the secret to maximising airdrops in season 2. 100% loyalty throughout the Season 2 campaign gives you the highest chance of receiving Mythical Care Packages worth 100x Uncommon Care Packages. Here are your odds of getting a Mythial Care Package airdrop based on your loyalty:
- <50% loyalty = low luck;
- 50-90% loyalty = medium luck;
- 90-97% loyalty = high luck; and
- 97%+ loyalty = very high luck
Blur has suggested 3 ways to maximise your Loyalty Points:
- List your NFTs through Blur. Do not use the advanced listing feature which allows you to list everywhere in one go.
- Bidding and listing rewards will be equally large. Max listing points = listings x loyalty. So the more you list, the more you earn.
- Contribute to the Blur community e.g. by mentioning Blur on Twitter.
- Listing your NFTs exclusively on Blur. Click “max your loyalty” to remove third-party listings in 1 transaction. Note that listing NFTs that are not supported by Blur on other exchanges (eg. ERC-1155 tokens) will not affect your loyalty.
Maximise your Blur Lending Points on Blend
Blur has recently launched Blend (short for Blur Lending), a peer-to-peer perpetual lending protocol for NFTs. Blend allows NFT holders to borrow ETH against their NFTs without needing to sell them. Meanwhile, if you want to buy an NFT, you can buy now pay later. For example, you can buy a Punk with 8 ETH (instead of 50 ETH), and borrow the remaining 42 ETH. After making your purchase, you can take full ownership of your NFT anytime by repaying your borrow. Or, you can list your NFT at any time and keep any profit when you sell.
Blend has launched with 3 NFT collections: Azuki, Punks and Milady NFT collections. For these collections, Listing Points will be replaced with Lending Points.
Here’s how you can maximise your Blur Lending Points:
- 2 factors determine how many points your Loan Offers receive: Max Borrow and APY. Max Borrow refers to the maximum amount of ETH someone can borrow using a single NFT. A higher Max Borrow is better. APY stands for Annual Percentage Yield and represents the interest earned on a loan offer once it’s accepted. A lower APY is better. So, make Loan Offers with higher Max Borrow and Lower APY.
- Make multiple Loan Offers on the same NFT collection with different Max Borrows and APYs.
- You can reuse the ETH in your Blur Pool across collections, so go ahead and make multiple Loan Offers.
- Loan Offers must be kept open for at least 24 hours. If you close your offer before then, you will lose 250 points as a penalty.
Blur Airdrop strategy: How to turn 1-2 ETH into $85,000?
Luke Cannon on Twitter shared how he turned 1-2 ETH into $85,000 by simply participating in Blur’s airdrops. Here are some of his tips:
- $0 airdrop anchoring;
- high volume/ low competition;
- liquidity recycling patience; and
$0 airdrop anchoring. This is where you focus only on bidding on NFTs that you could profitably flip. For example, bidding on new mints or older projects that still maintain support.
High volume/low competition. Find the relatively high volume, low competition, and long-term collections to bid on. Also, you can use the same ETH to bid on as many collections as possible.
Liquidity recycling patience. Have conviction in the NFT collection that you own and do not sell your NFTs at a loss. And again, do not make bids unless they are profitable.
Having 24/7 perfect loyalty will ensure maximum $BLUR airdrops.
More Blur Airdrop Strategies: Trade like an NFT market maker?
Many people use the strategy of placing as many bids on Blur as possible without having them accepted. However, Sugar Shane has another strategy, which according to him, is a more conservative strategy that could get you more points in the long term whilst minimizing losses. His strategy to maximising your Blur airdrop is to think of yourself as an NFT market maker.
According to him, the goal of bidding on Blur should not be to avoid getting a bid or bidding and removing them quickly. This is because NFT markets move faster than you can remove a bid. Instead, the strategy when bidding on Blur is to get a good price on an NFT. Because in fact, you do want to have some successful bids. This is because there are some desperate sellers selling their valuable NFTs at low prices for liquidity. And if your bid is successful, holders should consider not rushing to sell their NFT. The reason for this is that if you allow time for the market to fill up, you may be able to sell that NFT for a profit.
He reminds Blur bidders that market makers do not always aim for the top bid. Instead, they try to fill the order book at every level, and on both sides of the order book.
Higher NFT Trading Volume than OpenSea
Since February, Blur has seen more NFT trading volume than OpenSea, the top NFT platform. According to Dune Analytics, they flagged 11% of Blur’s total traded volume as wash trading. This is when someone buys and sells the same asset to fake an active trading volume. In the case of Blur, the more trades you get, the more care package you can potentially acquire.
Blur Airdrop Review
When reviewing an airdrop, there are several factors to consider. First, the likelihood the project will even do an airdrop in the first place. Then, to look at how many tokens the project intends to allocate towards airdrop campaigns, as well as the difficulty in participating in their airdrop. It is also important to look at the utility of the token so that there will be an actual use and purpose in participating in the airdrop in the first place. Finally, a factor to consider when reviewing an airdrop is whether the airdropped tokens are subject to any lockup period.
Likelihood of Airdrop: Blur’s final and largest airdrop yet is now LIVE.
Airdropped Token Allocation: Blur’s Airdrop 2 gave a total of 10x more tokens than Airdrop 1. Airdrop 3 will be distributing 1-2x more tokens compared to Airdrop 2. And now, we are on Season 2 of airdrops. This makes Blur’s airdrops very generous.
Airdrop Difficulty: Blur’s airdrop is not difficult in terms of participation. Users simply connect their wallet to Blur and begin bidding on NFT collections. The point system rewards bids on NFT collections based on their 24-hour volume and gives airdrops accordingly. There are additional rewards for Loyalty to the Blur platform.
Token Utility: BLUR token is used for governance.
Token Lockup: After 14th February 2023, you can open your Season 1 airdrop Care Packages.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Blur is at cryptocurrency project that provides users with a decentralized marketplace for trading NFTs.
They launched the $BLUR token on 14th February 2023.
You can open your $BLUR token Care Packages from 14th February 2023 onwards.
The largest airdrop farmer received 3.2 million $BLUR, which was worth around US$2.48 million.
Season 2 is coming soon. For now, they have doubled all bidding and listing points until 1st May 2023. This means that to get a head start, you should begin listing and bidding NFTs on Blur.
You can open the $BLUR token Care Packages received from Airdrops 1, 2, and 3 from the $BLUR token launch on 14th February 2023 onwards.
They launched the $BLUR token on 14th February 2023 and listed it on ByBit, Coinbase, Uniswap, Kucoin, Gate.io and many other exchanges.
You can claim your airdrop within 60 days from 14th February 2023 (i.e. 16th April 2023).
Blur will be distributing 360 million $BLUR in season 2 to Traders, Care Package holders and Creators.
Here’s how to claim your $BLUR tokens: Connect your wallet on their website. On the “Airdrop” tab, click “Reveal Care Packages”, “Continue to BLUR” and “Open care packages for $BLUR”. Follow the instructions. Note that they will ask you to Tweet to claim $BLUR. You will also need to verify the tweet before you will have the option to connect your wallet to claim your $BLUR. You might need to add the $BLUR token contract manually to see your $BLUR holdings.
Blur has a Loyalty system, which affects your luck when revealing your Care Packages. Users with 100% loyalty throughout the airdrop campaign have the highest chance of receiving Mythical Care Packages. Mythical Care Packages are worth 100x Uncommon Care Packages. Here are your odds of getting a Mythial Care Package airdrop based on your loyalty:
<50% loyalty = low luck;
50-90% loyalty = medium luck;
90-97% loyalty = high luck; and
97%+ loyalty = very high luck
Users can check their Blur Listing Points/Bid Points/Loyalty Points on the Airdrop tab.
As of the time of writing, $BLUR tokens are worth US$0.638864. $BLUR currently has a market cap of US$255,886,196 and ranked no. 151. $BLUR token prices hit an all-time high of US$5.02 on 14th February 2023, and an all-time low of US$0.489540.
There are no fees for selling NFTs on Blur.io.
The Blur team have alerady emphasized that having perfect Loyalty scores throughout the campaign would maximise your Season 2 Blur airdrop. This means you must only list your NFTs on Blur and not on any other NFT marketplaces.
Blur initially planned to launch in April 2023, but it is currently delayed.
Blur doubled all Bidding and Listing Points until 1st May 2023. After 1st May 2023, only these NFT collections will have double Bidding and Listing/Lending points: Wrapped Cryptopunks, Azuki, Milady, DeGods, Beanz, BoredApeKennelClub, BoredApeYachtClub, CloneX, Doodles, Meebits, Moonbirds, MutantApeYachtClub, Otherdeed, PudgyPenguins. Click on the “Points” tab here to see the latest list.
Unfortunately, there is no way to “game” the system to get more Blur points, and the Blur team are actively taking steps to stop tactics such as. Transferring NFTs for loyalty i.e. transferring NFTs to list on other marketplaces. Also, washing trading for points by using bots to wash trade in order to increase visibility of a collection and therefore increasing the points allocated towards it. Finally, spoofing bids by using bots to create fake bids that cannot be accepted and front run bid accepts to get points without any risk.